Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Obtaining Sustainability

In the not to distant future Greg and I want to create a place that sustains itself.  Ok so what I am talking about is not some HOBO style mobile home in the middle of the woods with chickens in the house.  Though I did once have goats in my house, more on that later.  So back to this self sustaining residence.  Of course we want it to be in Florida since we are completely in love with this part of the country.  I want a modest house (4-5 bedrooms), hard wood floors, etc.  Solar panels, a roof that collects rain (had this in the Caribbean and thought it was genious) a garden, chickens, etc.  Maybe a cow, some goats.  I was thinking 5-10 acres.  I want to be off the grid but not in a hippie way, does that make sense?  I should have titled this blog as "thoughts of a mad woman". Dang it, my blogs are going to be short for two reasons, first I am at work, second my head jumps from thought to thought and this one is over for the moment.  Final note, I need some crockpot recipes (no red meat), post them if you know of some good ones :). 

No comments: